Thursday 6 March 2008

A great new girl and a not so great new outbreak

Mood: very happy, slightly scared, a bit itchy (okay itchy is not really a mood but you get the idea)

I went for a date with a girl last tuesday and so it turns out she is fantastic. Barely more than a day has passed since then without seeing her. Just her presence seems to twist time around so that it always seems to suddenly be very late and I never achieve much more than to get lost staring into her beautiful green eyes. What is even better is that she seems to feel the same way about me. It all sounds great no? The hard bit is that I know that I have to tell her about my itchy friend and frankly, as you might expect, I am just a little bit scared. I know all the 'if she is the right one then she will accept it' stuff but I guess I may be about to find out just what it means to be a man with herpes.

I have had a lot I wanted to say in the last couple of weeks but I have not known how to say it - and so I have not posted. I am having another outbreak at the moment - I was feeling it a bit at the start of the weekend but it has developed in the last day. I am feeling a bit down about this because I seem to have had outbreaks at least every 2 or 3 months in the last year. I am going to see the doctor tomorrow to see if it might be worth trying some supressive therapy. Fortunately my symptoms have never been really bad but I find it hard to deal with on such a regular basis. This seems even harder now that I would just like to relax and spend more time with this amazing girl.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey I found your blog through yoshi2me.com and I just wanted to say how great it is that you are open about herpes. I think it's great that you've found a fantastic girl and I really hope it works out for you!
Also I'm on suppressive therapy and it's been working out really well for me. I've only had one outbreak! But anyway I'm sure your doctor will be able to tell you if it's right for you or not.

Good luck with everything!

justaman said...

Hi, I was reading your blog. Today my doctor said that she thinks I have herpes. Got tested today, so I have to wait at least a week for the results. Thank you so much for writing about your life as open as you do. I wanted to ask you a question: Can you explain your symptoms.. When you said you started getting symptoms what does that mean.. what exactly are the symptoms.

I've seen photos about herpes and nothing looks even close to what I have, but the doctor said I have it...
my email is manuelrreys@gmail.com, I would really really appreciate if you can give me a little information. I understand you are not a doctor or anything.. but I want to know from your experience.
Thank you

Tracie Lesperance said...

Happiness is all i see now big thanks to Dr. Ubarlo from (India), I never thought that I will live on earth before the year runs out. I have been suffering from a deadly disease herpes Virus for the past 2 years now; I had spent a lot of money going from one place to another, hospitals have been my home every day. Constant checks have been my hobby not until this blessed day, I was searching through the Internet, I saw a testimony on how Dr. Ubarlo. from (India) helped someone in curing his herpes Virus . quickly I copied his Whatsapp Contact: +2348119508814 just to give him a test I spoke to him, he asked me to do some certain things which I did,he told me that he is going to provide the herbal cure to me, which he did, then he asked me to go for medical checkup after some days after using the herbal medication, I was free from the deadly disease, he only asked me to post the testimony through the whole world, faithfully am doing it now, please brothers and sisters, he is great, I owe him in return. if you are having a similar problem just contact him by Email: at drubarlohome@gmail.com whatsapp him on +2348119508814 HIS HAVE THE CURE TO THIS FOLLOWING DEADLY DISEASE [1] Ischemic heart disease [2] Cerebrovascular disease [3] Lower respiratory infections [4] Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease [5] Diarrhea diseases [6] Trachea, bronchus, lung cancers [7] Tuberculosis [8] Diabetes mellifluous [9] Hypertension heart disease [10] HIV/AIDS