Sunday 10 February 2008

Online herpes dating

One of the first thoughts that went through my mind when I found out about the herpes was 'Will I ever have a relationship again?'. Substitute the word 'relationship' with the word 'sex' and you will have another of my thoughts at that time. However being the proactive kind of guy that I am I immediately had a look around for dating sites for people with herpes - I was suprised to find quite a few.

I have considered the concept of online dating in the past and I am always interested in new ways to meet people. 'Herpes dating' seems like a slightly different beast but I figure that going on a date with someone where you know nothing about each other except that you both have genital herpes could be if little else an interesting and bizarre experience. I am a man who loves new and bizarre experiences so I recently joined a two of these sites.

I want to be quite clear at this point that I 100% do not intend to only date people with herpes. I would absolutely encourage everyone with herpes to not limit themselves in this way. I have in fact recently been on dates with a couple of girls who I as far as I know are not members of 'community herpes' (although I guess that there is a 1 in 5 chance that anyone I date has it). Herpes dating for me is just another way to meet and if I meet someone I like on one then who am I to argue.

I am sure there will be more to say about this topic in the future!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I just wanted to let you know I enjoy your blog. :)

Keep it up!! It gives the rest of the community hope :)

Anonymous said...

I enjoy reading your blog. I felt hte same way when I first found out I had herpes... not only that, but the guy that gave it to me (who might I add LIED about him not having it and we were both using protection as well) told me "I guess that means ur stuck with me for life!"

Anonymous said...

Two years ago I suffered from a type of herpes and I had no idea what can I do on that moment?. My best friend told me that she suffered the same situation and she found on internet a miracle, a cure. So I tried Generic Valtrex and it worked for me too.

Unknown said...

It is now common knowledge that genital herpes is a sexually transmitted disease and the culprit is the Herpes Simplex Virus type 2. The major cause of propagation of this virus is intimate sexual contact. Sex being an instinctive behavior of every adult, it becomes very difficult to find a way to prevent this virus from propagating and save the unsuspecting victims from a possible infection. Perhaps, that is the reason, why so many people in America today fall victim to this virus and the increasing number of genital herpes in women.
Reference:
genital herpes in men

Linda Alvarez said...

Nice!
Have been totally convinced that HIV,and many others dangerous diseases can be best cured using the Herbal Medicine. Dr.Akpu the great and powerful herbalist cured me with his Herbal remedy. I'm Linda,15 years from Texas. I was born with HIV. I lost parents at my teenager age when I was 4th. I had to grew up with my mum only Sister, whom I loved so much. She was so worried about my life as my condition was her mature problem in life. I had taken lots of antiviral treatment to get ride of the virus not believing what there said HIV has no cure. I was on the internet when i came across blogs of testimony about a lady who where cured of a 7 years diagnose of Herpes by this powerful Herbalist, Dr.Akpu.I wrote down his mail @ Dr.akpupowerherbscenter@gmail.com
I told my Aunt,luckily it was the same Dr,we where referred to few months back by my pastor in church whom members have being testifying about of his cure We did contacted him and explained my problem to him.He prepared the medicine and sent to me with details of how to use apply. After a while, I began to feel more strong than never before, I felt so lucky and happy when my Doctor congratulated me that he could found no HIV virus again in me. I knew I was free cos my body was so strong. His herbal medicine should have saved my parents life, i said!
Thanks so much for reading my article, you should share your testimony if you have cure as well
Dr.akpupowerherbscenter@gmail.com
Is the solution to all sickness, diseases and bacteria infections.